Tanzania May 27, 2022 Private Sector
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Tire Fitter to join and grow their team. You will be expected to align to the Barrick DNA and to operate among the best teams in the industry. You will contribute in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance with Mine Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures and ensure daily targets are met.
About North Mara
The North Mara gold Mine is located in north-west Tanzania in the Tarime district of the Mara region. It is around 100 kilometres east of Lake Victoria and 20 kilometres south of the Kenyan border.
North Mara started commercial production in 2002. The mine is a combined open pit and underground operation from two deposits, Gokona (underground) and Nyabirama (open pit).
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To Carry out daily tire inspections and pressures monitoring on the vehicles
- Perform daily tire shop activities such changing tires on vehicles
- Stripping and Assembling of LV’s tires Surface and UG
- Operating of tire handler and tire service truck as a tool for tire change activities
- Keeping tire shop neat and tidy
- Prepare and ensure spare matching tires are available at the workshop ready to be used once breakdown happen etc.
- Performing PM inspection according to the maintenance requirements
- Work order, job specification and resources identification and inspection compliance
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to Maintenance Supervisor on conditions that may affect functionality of equipment.
- Actively participate in training activities to gain new skills, develop full potential and assume increasing accountability
- Checking and adjusting wheel balance, alignment and rotation
- Inflating vehicle tires
- Helping customers to choose products that meet their requirements.
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experience personnel.
- Mechanics VETA Trade Test Grade 1 & 2
- Must hold a Valid Tanzania Driving License
- Sound knowledge of Mining Safety Regulations and best practice.
Experience and competencies needed
- 2-3 years in a Maintenance role responsible for tires
- Experience in open cast mining essential
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.
How to apply:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s online.
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME.
Indicating the role title “Tire Fitter” in the subject of your email.
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward applications before: 08 June 2022.
We are committed to a safe work environment sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a sustainable legacy on our host communities.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.