Regional Project Cordinator
Pemba Islands, Tanzania, United Republic of
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel is operating in Tanzania as a public limited company under public law with a social purpose in accordance with article 7 (iii) of the General Agreement between The United Republic of Tanzania and The Kingdom of Belgium on Development Co-operation signed on 16th of October 2002, and the introduction Letter from the Embassy of Kingdom of Belgium N° 2018/023 signed on 25th January 2018 on the transformation from BTC into Enabel.
The project on beekeeping, funded by the European Union, has a duration of 4 years with an inception phase of 6 months.
The project is taking place under the 11th EDF National Indicative Programme for Tanzania (2014-2020) in which Sustainable Agriculture is a focal sector with the specific objective to ”enhance management of natural resources, including forests, and ecosystem services for sustainable agriculture development and climate change adaptation”. The European Union Action Document for Beekeeping Value Chain Support contributes to that objective and also to the Planet and Prosperity pillars.
The overall objective of the project is enhancing the beekeeping industry for inclusive growth, poverty reduction and food security in Tanzania.
The specific objective is to ensure that high quality honey is produced in an environmentally sustainable manner leads to increased market penetration.
The programme will focus on 3 main outputs:
- Institutional capacity and enabling environment for beekeeping value chain actors is strengthened, while enhancing women’s empowerment.
- Capacities of beekeeping value chain actors improved and management of bee reserves and apiaries enhanced.
- Market links and Trade of bee products strengthened
Your tasks and responsibilities as a regional Project Coordinator:
- You coordinate and facilitate the partnership between the implementing agencies, the EU, the partner countries where the project activities are implemented together with key stakeholder groups (private sector, civil society and governments) ;
- You manage the operational and financial planning, monitoring of the achievement of the results, and collecting and providing timely monitoring and evaluationreporting ;
- You coordinate the activities executed by the agencies and ensure optimal implementation in line with the decisions made by the project management unit and the suggestions for strategic orientations and synergies made by the steering committee and ensure the envisioned impact of the project is achieved ;
- You ensure the quality of the technical outputs and permanent quality improvement ;
- You lead the team to leverage the talents and motivation of each staff and ensure result-oriented project management ;
- You contribute to capacity development of partner organisations (to be specified in accordance with project) ;
- You advise on the basis of your technical expertise, in order to achieve performance in accordance with national and international norms and standards ;
- You organise knowledge building and knowledge management in order to create an inclusive, informed climate of trust within the project.
The Regional Project Coordinator reports to the Project Manager
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics/Natural Resource Management or related field;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in project management of international development programmes in field of Sustainable Forest Management or Natural Resources Management
- Experience in European funded projects or programmes is an asset ;
- Must be a Tanzanian Nationality
Required skills and knowledge
- Good knowledge of digital for development, as well as in preparing technical or strategy documents in this area of expertise ;
- Pro-active results-oriented project management ;
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the diverse aspects of development cooperation and sustainable development ;
- Good knowledge of pro-active multi-actor partnership building and knowledge management ;
- Excellent knowledge of project management, of European funding rules and experience in European funded projects or programmes ;
- Excellent management and organisational skills ;
- You are fluent in spoken and written Swahili. Considering the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required.
We offer you
A fascinating job in an international environment.
- A contract of 26 months. You are based in Pemba Islands Occasional missions to the area of the coverage of the project.
- A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 5), hospitalization/healthcare insurance, 13th month, holiday allowance and reallocation allowance.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor.
Following this recruitment procedure a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings
If you are interested in the position, please apply at https://jobs.enabel.be/ before 12nd June 2022, include your application letter an updated CV. If you have any further questions, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .We thank you in advance for your interest in our company.
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.