Community and Facility COVID 19 – Volunteer (335 Posts)
Full Time Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Dar es Salaam City Council; Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils Together with Amana, Mwananyamala and Temeke Regional Referral Hospitals invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts.
Job Title: Community and Facility COVID 19 – Volunteer (335 Posts)
Location: Dar es Salaam City Council, Kigamboni, Kinondoni, Temeke and Ubungo Municipal Councils
Reports to: Facility In-charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determining clinical suitability for vaccination, including identifying any contraindications.
- Obtaining and documenting informed consent from patients.
- Administering the COVID-19 vaccine in accordance with training protocols.
- Documenting that vaccine has been administered in the Government register and in the CHANJO COVID electronic immunization system.
- Providing after-care including follow-up appointment and adverse event advice to patients
- Preparing vaccine doses for administration by reconstituting and drawing up doses from multi-dose vials.
- Meeting the clinical governance framework set out by the relevant health service.
- Familiarizing with all clinic electronic forms, vaccine administration protocols, vaccines, and follow-up information to be given to clients.
- Providing administrative and supportive roles to the vaccination team.
- Recording on job action sheet, any problems, expected or unanticipated, and how these were resolved.
- Providing supervision role to emergency authorized workforce.
- Attending team meetings as directed by supervisor.
- Giving Clinical Lead feedback about what is working well and what is not working.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Education, Work experience and Skills 1. Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or other related health field.
- Must have a valid license of practice.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects.
- Interpersonal skills (including consent and communication).
- Experience in preparation and/or handling (including multi-dose vial handling).
- Experience in vaccine administration (where applicable) this includes a minimum of five supervised vaccination procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted by 28th May, 2022 to the Human Resources Manager, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail email@example.com
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested candidates